The HFC-S USB is not available anymore.
Please contact the Sales team of Cologne Chip
for further information and for a discussion about alternative components.
The HFC-S USB is an ISDN S/T HDLC basic rate controller for single-chip USB applications.
It is based on Cologne's innovative "passive USB" technology: As the USB protocol engine is implemented in hardware,
code development for a microcontroller becomes unnecessary which leads to a shorter time-to-market. HFC-S USB only
requires an external EEPROM to store the USB configuration data (USB descriptors) if the default data from the
internal ROM shall not be used.
As it is a single-chip solution, the S/T interface, HDLC-controllers, FIFOs and the USB interface are integrated
in the HFC-S USB.
A PCM128 / PCM64 / PCM30 interface is also implemented which is able to connect to many telecom serial busses.
Usually CODECs are connected to this interface. All ISDN channels (2B+1D) and the PCM interface are served fully
duplex by the 8 integrated FIFOs.
The integrated 8 bit auxiliary port enables the HFC-S USB to be used as USB bridge.
- single chip ISDN-S/T-controller with B- and D-channel HDLC support
- integrated S/T interface
- independent read and write HDLC-channels for two ISDN B-channels, one ISDN D-channel and one PCM timeslot (or E-channel)
- B1- and B2-channel transparent mode independently selectable
- integrated FIFOs for B1, B2, D and PCM (or E)
- FIFO size: 128 bytes per channel and direction
- 56 KBit/s restricted mode for U.S. ISDN lines selectable by software
- full I.430 ITU S/T ISDN support in TE and NT mode
- PCM128 / PCM64 / PCM30 interface configurable to interface MITEL STTM bus (MVIPTM), Siemens IOM2TM or GCITM for interface to U-chip or external CODECs
integrated full speed 12 MBps USB interface (USB specification 1.1 compliant)
- no microcontroller, no firmware required
- integrated auxiliary port (USB bridge)
- CMOS technology
- PQFP 48 package, RoHS compliant
Contact us for an evaluation kit for HFC-S USB.
Copyright © 2011 Cologne Chip
The ISDN Chip Company!
Last Modified: 03/05/2011
[ISDN Controllers] [Datasheets]
[Applications] [Driver Software]
[Transformers] [ISDN Type Approval]