The HFC-SP is not recommended for new projects.
This chip is not available in a lead-free version.
The HFC-SP is a HDLC B- and D-channel controller with integrated S/T interface.
It can be used for ISDN basic rate lines.
All channels (2B+D) are served fully duplex by six deep FIFOs.
The HFC-SP has an integrated ISA Plug and Play and a PCMCIA interface.
Also implemented is a PCM30 highway interface (which is able to connect to many telecom serial busses) and a microprocessor interface.
- single chip ISDN-S-controller with B- and D-channel HDLC support
- integrated S/T interface
- independent read and write HDLC-channels for 2 ISDN B-channels and one ISDN D-channel
- B1 and B2 transparent mode independently selectable
B-channel: 4x 7.5 KByte, maximum 31 HDLC frames per FIFO
D-channel: 2x 512 Byte, maximum 15 HDLC frames per FIFO
- 56 KBit/s restricted mode for U.S. ISDN lines selectable by software
- full I.430 ITU S/T ISDN support in TE and NT mode for 3.3V and 5V power supply
- B1+B2 HDLC mode
- PCM30 interface configurable to interface MITEL STTM bus (MVIPTM), Siemens IOM2TM or GCITM for interface to U-chip or external CODECs
- direct 8 bit ISA-PC bus interface with buffers for ISA-databus
- integrated ISA Plug and Play (Windows 95 Spec.)
- only 2 I/O addresses used on ISA-PC bus
- one of 7 interrupt channels on ISA-PC bus selectable by software
- integrated PCMCIA interface
- microprocessor interface compatible to Motorola bus and Siemens/Intel bus
- simple access to PCM30 interface for tone synthetisation
- timer with interrupt and watchdog capability in processor mode
- CMOS technology 3-5V
- QFP 100 package
A generic Linux driver is available for HFC-SP.
Copyright © 2011 Cologne Chip
The ISDN Chip Company!
Last Modified: 03/05/2011
[ISDN Controllers] [Datasheets]
[Applications] [Driver Software]
[Transformers] [ISDN Type Approval]