The HFC-4S is a HDLC B- and D-channel controller with 4 integrated S/T interfaces.
It can be used for ISDN basic rate lines.
All channels are served fully duplex by deep FIFOs.
Also implemented is a PCM128 / PCM64 / PCM30 highway interface (which is able to connect to many telecom serial busses)
and an universal external bus interface.
- single chip ISDN-S/T-controller with B- and D-channel HDLC support
- 4 integrated S/T interfaces
- full I.430 ITU S/T ISDN support in TE and NT mode
32 independent read and write HDLC-channels
for e.g. 8 ISDN B-channels, 4 ISDN D-channels and 20 timeslots on the PCM interface
- B-channel transparent mode independently selectable
- up to 64 FIFOs; FIFO-size configurable
- each FIFO can be assigned to an arbitrary channel of any S/T or PCM interface
- max. 31 HDLC frames (with external 128k or 512k SRAM) or 15 HDLC frames (with 32k built-in RAM) per FIFO
- 1 - 8 bit processing for subchannels selectable
- 56 KBit/s restricted mode for U.S. ISDN lines selectable
- B-channels for higher data rate combinable
- PCM128 / PCM64 / PCM30 interface configurable to interface MITEL STTM bus (MVIPTM) or Siemens IOM2TM and Motorola GCITM (bearer slots supported only) for inter-chip connection (e.g. external CODECs)
- H.100 data rate supported
universal external bus interface configurable into PCI bus, ISA-PnP, PCMCIA or microprocessor interface as well as SPI (serial processor interface)
- multiparty audio conferences switchable
- DTMF detection on all B-channels
- Timer with interrupt capability
- CMOS technology 3.3V (5V tolerant inputs)
- MQFP 208 package, RoHS compliant
- ISDN multi-BRI terminal adapters
- ISDN PABX
- ISDN LAN routers
- ISDN least cost routers
- ISDN test equipment
Contact us for an evaluation board of HFC-4S.
Copyright © 2007 Cologne Chip
The ISDN Chip Company!
Last Modified: 23/05/2007